Traditionally, scrapbookers have had to hope for a spot on a prestigious design team, or get noticed by a magazine to get a place in our competitive little world. I didn’t do that. Izzy wanted to produce a scrapbooking video tutorial. I was a scrapbooker and I have performance experience. So we combined our skills and created the Paperclipping Video Tutorials.
People started watching, and then people started purchasing memberships. It was really an amazing experience.
Full of ideas, we have since turned Paperclipping into a multi-show and event website: I started the first live scrapbooking show over the internet a few years back, and we now have two audio talk shows where we gather together interesting people with interesting things to say about our hobby — again, unlike anything we’ve ever seen in scrapbooking. It’s been fun!
We’ve just been here having a great time while expending a lot of sweat and love in order to provide the ultimate experience for scrapbookers. So it made me happy and grateful to be noticed when I got the letter from Ella Publishing, announcing they nominated me as one of the Nine Most Influential Scrapbookers for 2010.
Thanks for noticing me, Ella!
Or you might try and win the book, along with 9 other prizes. . .
I get to give away a prize from each of us nominees, plus the book from Ella. . .
- A $20 gift certificate from Ella Publishing Co.
- Two digital-scrapbooking template packs (20 templates) from Cathy Zielske
- A six-month Paperclipping membership from Noell Hyman
- A â€œPlay Dateâ€ product pack from Jenni Bowlin
- A place in either a beginner photo-editing class or a beginner digital-scrapbooking class from
- A spot in the â€œBeginner/Intermediate Online Photography Workshopâ€ from Maggie Holmes
- â€œPaper Girlâ€ and â€œOn Holidayâ€ product packs from Margie Romney-Aslett
- A $50 gift certificate toward any class on reneepearson.com from Renee Pearson
- A place for you and a friend in both â€œLove Your Pictures, Love Your Pagesâ€ and â€œJournal Your
Christmasâ€ from Shimelle Laine
- A place in either Elizabeth Dillowâ€™s â€œInspiration Definedâ€ or Karen Grunbergâ€™s â€œBook of Storiesâ€
from Stacy Julian
How to Enter
I will pick randomly, but you have to answer a question! Here’s the question:
When you were little, were you attached to a baby blanket? A thumb? A stuffed toy? What were you attached to? Or were you so independent you didn’t need anything? Please share.
Tomorrow I will share my own story of emotional childhood attachment. You have until tonight to enter the drawing with your comment. Ten people will win!
ETA: Thank you! This contest is now closed! I have emailed the winners, but in case you’re interested, here the random numbers and the names of the winners:
82-Pat Hines * 526-Lizzie * 583-Heather C * 311-Kate Blue * 804-Nitasha * 740-Britta * 278-Nancy * 689-Sylvie H * 172-Liz Freeze * 146-Jennifer Alfonso